Welcome to django-precise-bbcode’s documentation!¶
Django-precise-bbcode is a Django application providing a way to create textual contents based on BBCodes.
BBCode is a special implementation of HTML. BBCode itself is similar in style to HTML, tags are enclosed in square brackets [ and ] rather than < and > and it offers greater control over what and how something is displayed.
This application includes a BBCode compiler aimed to render any BBCode content to HTML and allows the use of BBCodes tags in models, forms and admin forms. The BBCode parser comes with built-in tags (the default ones ;
i, etc) and allows the definition of custom BBCode tags, placeholders and smilies.
- BBCode parser for rendering any string containing bbcodes
- Tools for handling bbcode contents: templatetags, model field
- Support for custom bbcode tags:
- Simple custom bbcodes can be defined in the Django admin
- ... or they can be registered using a plugin system by defining some Python classes
- Support for custom bbcode placeholders
- Support for custom smilies and emoticons